Are you looking for a flexible nursing job that will work better with your life? Vantage Medical Staffing offers per diem shifts that might be the perfect fit for you!
Per diem shifts are short-term, fill-in assignments that can be scheduled around your other commitments. This blog will discuss how per diem shifts work, the benefits of these types of shifts, and helpful scheduling tips.
How Exactly Does a Per Diem Shift Work?
Per diem shifts may have you filling in for a facility staff member who is on vacation, an unexpected absence, a sick call, or a long-term leave. As these types of shifts come up, Vantage will assess the job needs. If your skills and experience are a good fit, you’ll get a job notification on our Vantage mobile app. Then, you decide if you want to take the job or not! You can pick up as many or as few shifts as you like to create a schedule that fits your needs.
What are the Benefits of Working Per Diem Shifts?
Flexibility is one of the main benefits of working per diem shifts. You can create a schedule that works for you since you’re not committed to working set hours each week. If something comes up and you need to take a day off, no problem! Just don’t accept any shifts for that day.
Per diem shifts are also great if you’re looking to pick up extra hours. Many of our RNs, LPNs, Med Techs, and CNAs have other full-time nursing jobs. We encourage you to use per diem shifts as supplemental income!
Here are some helpful tips to make the most of your per diem shifts.
- Get organized by using a calendar or scheduling app to keep track of your commitments. This will help you avoid overbooking yourself or missing a shift.
- Be flexible in the types of shifts you’re willing to work. The more flexible you are, the more likely you are to get called for a shift.
- Be ready to meet new people! You’ll often be coming into a new environment with each shift, so a positive attitude is essential!
- Utilize Vantage Medical Staffing’s 24/7 support. We’re here to support you when you need it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the facility or residents if needed during your shifts.
- Keep your availability calendar updated in the app, so we can easily tell which days you are available. This also ensures we do not reach out to you on days you are not available.
Ready to Start Picking Up Per Diem Shifts?
If you’re a current staff member interested in picking up per diem shifts, you can start picking up shifts now in our Vantage mobile app. Looking to become part of our Vantage Medical Staffing family? Apply now!